20 Stages double-live CD, DVD and limited-edition vinyl LP hit stores via Rock Ridge Music last week, and their legion of fans drove the DVD to #7 on the
Billboard Video Chart. The CD entered the Indie Album and Current 200 Album Charts and broke Top 15 on the iTunes Rock Chart. Culled from 20 of the band’s favorite performances, 20 Stages will make its TV premiere with an exclusive international broadcast on AXS TV on Monday, October 20 at 5:00pm EST.
“When we started tossing around the idea of putting together a live CD and DVD, we thought it would be something fun to do while we worked on some brand new music,” said the band’s Jett Beres. “The more we got into it, and especially after we asked fans to submit their own footage to consider for the DVD, there really seemed to be an excitement about the whole thing.”
The globe-trotting concert on AXS TV will include hits and fan-favorites such as “All For You,” “Champagne High,” “Change Your Mind” and “Mandolin Moon” as well as three brand new, never released tracks played live from the Georgia Theatre in Athens, GA, The 9:30 Club in Washington DC, the main stage on Sister Hazel’s Rock Boat cruise in the Caribbean and more.
Half of the video footage was shot using GoPro cameras and rigging. Creative camera placement gives viewers unique perspectives from the stage, including mounted on drums and guitars, back stage and in the audience.
Launched in July 2012 by visionary entrepreneur Mark Cuban, AXS TV is a partnership between Cuban, AEG, Ryan Seacrest Media, Creative Artists Agency (CAA) and CBS. The network is available in the United States via AT&T U-verse, Charter, Comcast/Xfinity, DIRECTV, DISH, Suddenlink, Verizon FiOS, and other cable, satellite and telco providers. The network is also distributed in Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. For a full list of providers carrying the Sister Hazel
20 Stages special, click here.
20 Stages track and venue listing:
1. “Shame” Georgia Theater/Athens, GA
2. “Starfish” Great Stirrup Cay/The Bahamas
3. “Mandolin Moon” The Rock Boat/Norwegian Pearl
4. “One Love” Cymplify/Los Laureles, Honduras & Gainesville, FL
5. “The Road” Wildhorse Saloon/Nashville, TN
6. “Everything Else Disappears” The House of Blues/Orlando, FL
7. “Where You’re Goin'” Cut Bait Festival/Columbus, GA
8. “World Inside My Head” The Windjammer/Isle of Palms, SC
9. “Karaoke Song” Freemont Street/Las Vegas, NV
10. “Release” Lake Martin Amphitheater/Eclectic, AL
11. “Roll On Bye” Ziggy’s/Winston Salem, NC
12. “This Kind of Love” Keenan Auditorium/Wilmington, NC
13. “Feel It” Center Stage Theatre/Atlanta, GA
14. “Change Your Mind” “The Swamp” at Florida Field/Gainesville, FL
15. “Concede” 9:30 Club/Washington, DC
16. “Champagne High” Irving Plaza/New York, NY
17. “Your Mistake” Paradise Rock Club/Boston, MA
18. “Take It With Me” The Vogue/Indianapolis, IN
19. “Swan Dive” House of Blues/Chicago, IL
20. “All For You” Filmed on all 20 Stages
For updates, tour dates, news and more, connect with Sister Hazel at:
Band website: www.sisterhazel.com
Upcoming tour dates include*:
October 16 Columbia, SC
October 17 North Myrtle Beach, SC
October 18 Carrollton, GA
November 14 Key West, FL
November 15 Tampa, FL
November 16 West Palm Beach, FL
November 19 Knoxville, TN
November 20 Winston-Salem, NC
November 21 Falls Church, VA
November 22 New York, NY
December 3 Philadelphia, PA
December 4 Boston, MA
December 10 Indianapolis, IN
December 12 & 13 Chicago, IL
*all dates subject to change
ABOUT SISTER HAZEL:
Sister Hazel formed in Gainesville, Florida in 1994 with vocalist Ken Block, guitarist/vocalist Drew Copeland, lead guitarist Ryan Newell, drummer Mark Trojanowski and bassist Jett Beres. Their signature mix of Southern pop hooks, country harmonies and story songs have garnered the band a large and loyal following. Named after local Gainesville missionary Sister Hazel Williams, the band continues to tour over 100 dates a year with the original five members. Sister Hazel is deeply committed to charitable work. They founded Lyrics For Life and raised money for multiple children’s cancer charities and more recently, partnered with Feed The Children to raise money to build a new feeding center for the families in the community of Los Laureles, Honduras.
The band’s Rock Boat excursion, the world’s greatest floating music festival, will celebrate its 15th anniversary January 24-28, 2015 and is already sold out. Sister Hazel will host Barenaked Ladies, Michael Franti & Spearhead and numerous other acts representing a variety of musical genres.