Both have tapped hot new progressive country/rock trio The Cadillac Black as their opening act. They will be opening for rock legend ZZ Top this September and just wrapped the Back To College Tour with Dierks Bentley.
So who is The Cadillac Black and why do Dierks Bentley, Eric Church and ZZ Top dig them so much?
Or watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Check out these recent highlights on The Cadillac Black:
- The Cadillac Black is comprised of native Nashvillians singer-guitarist Jaren Johnston, lap steel player Kelby Ray and drummer Neil Mason.
- Debut single “Get Your Buzz On” to hit radio this Fall.
- Produced by The Cadillac Black, the trio’s self-titled debut album was released on April 17, 2012 via Nobody Buys Records and is now available at all digital retailers. The album features 11 songs that they penned.
- The Cadillac Black have emerged with a sound all of their own, a sound that hovers between radio-ready country anthems, hard-and-heavy rock and traditional Southern folk. A sound best described as Country Fuzz – equal parts twang and distortion.
- The hot new trio’s dynamic and captivating live performance has also landed them coveted slots opening for Dierks Bentley, Eric Church, Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ Top. They will hit the road in August with Dierks Bentley as the special guest on the upcoming Back To College Tour.
- Jaren produced Dierks Bentley’s four-song summer EP titled Country & Cold Cans, available August 21 on iTunes.
- Jaren is one of Nashville’s hot songwriters on the rise with recent cuts by Dierks Bentley, Kenny Chesney, Sara Evans, Tim McGraw and Keith Urban. He co-wrote Keith Urban’s chart-topper “You Gonna Fly” and was nominated for Music Row Magazine’s 2012 Breakthrough Songwriter Of The Year.
- The Cadillac Black’s music is spreading like wildfire on TV shows including the CW’s Vampire Diaries and Hart of Dixie, CBS’ CSI Miami, VH1’s Baseball Wives, and the 2011 trailer for FOX’s House. Fan-favorite “Get Your Buzz On” was recently featured on MTV’s Wake Brothers.
Take a listen to their self-titled debut album that is now available at all digital retailers: www.TheCadillacBlack.com