NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The album cover for Sea Gayle Records/Arista Nashville recording artist Jerrod Niemann’s October album release Free The Music is no longer on lockdown. The art was revealed this morning online by USA Today, where Jerrod shares, “This album is my interpretation of how I feel about country right now,” and that means horns, fiddles and steel guitars. Read the full story for more. Free The Music is available for pre-order now on Amazon.com and will be available in stores and online October 2, 2012.
Aside from co-producing and co-writing the record, Jerrod formulated the idea for the cover design. The illustration shows Jerrod opening a set of doors, which he says symbolizes letting the music out and inviting the music lovers in. “We’ve done our best to try and make room for everyone,” he says. Also, many of the instruments featured in the art were taken from actual photographs of the instruments used when recording.
Jerrod’s vision when creating Free The Music was to mix the old with the new. “The pedal steel guitar has come to define country music, but there were years and years of country being made before that instrument was even invented. Horns have been in country going back to the 1920s, and fiddles and other string instruments date back even further. I took all those things and put them on Free The Music,” he says.
“I made this record in an effort to try and mix 1927 with 2027, but I didn’t want to disregard 100 years of what people have already done musically. Instead, I wanted to take that and do it in a way that is also representative of the future.”
Name: Jerrod Niemann
Album Release Date: Tues., Oct. 2, 2012
Album name: Free The Music
Single: “Shinin’ On Me”
Label: Sea Gayle Records/Arista Nashville
Track Listing, Song Title, Songwriters:
1. “Free The Music” (Jerrod Niemann)
2. “Whiskey Kind of Way” (Jerrod Niemann, Randy Boudreaux)
3. “Get On Up” (Jerrod Niemann, J.R. McCoy, Jesse Clingan)
4. “I’ll Have to Kill the Pain” (Jerrod Niemann, J.R. McCoy, Arlos Smith)
5. “Only God Can Love You More” (Jerrod Niemann, Jon Stone, Lee Brice)
6. “Shinin’ on Me” (Jerrod Niemann, Rob Hatch, Lee Brice, Lance Miller)
7. “Honky Tonk Fever” (Jerrod Niemann)
8. “Guessing Games” (Jerrod Niemann, J.R. McCoy)
9. “It Won’t Matter Anymore” (Jerrod Niemann, Rob Hatch, Lance Miller)
10. “I’m All About You” [featuring Colbie Caillat] (Jerrod Niemann, Richie Brown)
11. “Real Women Drink Beer” (Jerrod Niemann, Houston Phillips)
12. “Fraction of a Man” (Jerrod Niemann)