Archive | Community RSS feed for this section

A Vintage Affair

A Vintage Affair

I recently attended A Vintage Affair at The Factory in Franklin on Friday, April 19th sponsored by First Tennessee Bank.  What a great event and turnout! Hundreds of items to bid on in the silent and live auction, great food from area restaurants and great wine to taste.   It was a wonderful and elegant event! Be sure to be on the lookout for this event next year.  You don’t want to miss it, and it’s all for a good cause!

A Vintage Affair is a non profit 501(c)3 organization that is dedicated to raising money for Williamson County charities benefiting women and children in need. In order to fulfill the goal of helping out neighbors in need, AVA hosts various events throughout the year which include: wine, spirit & food tastings, A Fashion Affair – our fashion show, and The Grape Stomp at Animalia. Since its inception in 2001, AVA has contributed over one million dollars to local non profit organizations. Each year AVA chooses several deserving beneficiaries from the community to receive the proceeds for that fiscal year.

The Factory in Franklin

Comments { 0 }

May Is Foster Care Awareness Month, Walk Me Home Walk In Nashville

Happy May 1st! May is FOSTER CARE AWARENESS MONTH. Please share this video “Home is Where I Make It” – a great song written by Jaime Fox, StevensLayne and three foster care children. It’s just a small gesture to show that you support the over 400,000 youth in transition. Please also join us for the Walk Me Home walk in BiCentennial Park Nashville on the morning of May 18. Free entertainment provided by Jaime Fox and StevensLayne!

Comments { 0 }

The “HonorOne Campaign” Gains More Support

HonorOne CampaignCountry music stars Lucas Hoge, The Roys, Danielle Peck, Jett Williams, Buddy Jewell and Andy Griggs recently provided their support to the newly launched “HonorOne Campaign” by recording public service announcements and detailing their personal experiences with the military.

The PSAs recorded by the artists, challenge ALL 300 million Americans to spend $10 and show their support for HonorOne, the organization which assists service men and women and their families. For each $10 spent at www.HonorOne.org, the supporter will receive a God Bless the USA Reminder Coin. Additionally, the supporter will be named on a patriotic shadow box gift to a wounded veteran. Each gift is handmade in the United States by disabled workers. 100% of the profits are donated to the best military charities, including those that provide vital family and post-traumatic stress disorder counseling for soldiers returning from the battlefield. For more information, or to support the “HonorOne Campaign,” please visit www.honorone.org.

Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

Community Spotlight | Mary Littleton: MS Challenge Walk, Community Leader And MS Advocate

Mary Littleton speaking at an MS event.

One area that we have been wanting to stretch out FOCUS on the 615 to is to focus on community service events and outstanding leaders actively making a difference within the Nashville community.  One who stands out as an example of someone who is actively trying to make a strong difference in our community is Mary Littleton.

Mary Littleton is not only a well-respected lawyer in our community, but she serves on several boards of non-profit organizations.  Most notably, she gives of her time and serves on the board of the local chapter of the MS Society.  Mary is a strong MS advocate fighting for the rights of people living with this disease, volunteering her time by serving countless hours as a board member to ensure the continued success of the MS Society in our community, actively participating in MS fundraising events and is an MS patient herself.

Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

Learn About Compassion – An International Ministry Organization We Spoke With At CRS | CRS 2013

Compassion_International

CRS is not just about music, but about bringing awareness and support for charitable organizations, too.  Get to know this very worthy organization called Compassion that we spoke with at CRS in Nashville this year.  Check out our interview with them below for more information about their organization that helps sponsor children living in poverty around the world.

Want to help sponsor a child in need? Go here!

Comments { 0 }

Brantley Gilbert Makes Special Visit To Veterans Hospital With Musicians On Call

This Veterans Day (11/12) was an especially memorable one for Brantley Gilbert, who spent the morning with Musicians On Call visiting veterans at Nashville’s VA Hospital. The chart-topper took time from his Hell On Wheels Tour to spend the holiday sharing his music and honoring some of the men and women who’ve served.

The Southern rocker said, “I have never experienced anything quite like playing for these veterans. These men and women have sacrificed their lives for our freedom … my freedom to be able to play my music. I have so much respect for them. It was an honor to be able to spend time with them and hopefully brighten their day a little. I know it has certainly changed my life.”

Founded in 1999, Musicians On Call affords musicians like Brantley the opportunity to bring music to patients’ bedsides. To date, these volunteers have played for over 350,000 people in healthcare facilities nationwide. The Nashville division alone has visited nearly 60,000 patients in Middle Tennessee and recently celebrated its fifth Anniversary.

Continue Reading →

Comments { 1 }

Tracy Lawrence Urges Community To Make Donations For “Mission Possible” Turkey Fry

Nashville Rescue Mission Needs Turkey Donations To Help Feed Homeless During Thanksgiving Holiday

As Tracy Lawrence prepares to host the 7th annual “Mission Possible” Turkey Fry on Tuesday, November 20, the Nashville Rescue Mission will need an estimated 1000 Turkeys that will serve more than 5000 meals to feed the homeless in Middle Tennessee this Thanksgiving holiday season. The Nashville Rescue Mission has only received a small amount of turkey donations to date. Lawrence is urging everyone to bring turkeys, cash donations, and clothing by simply dropping off the items to the Nashville Rescue Mission. Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

The Grape Stomp: Stompin’ It Out In Franklin

Grape stomping team “I Kissed A Grape And I Liked It”

The Grape Stomp has to be one of my favorite events to be part of this year.  Seriously, who doesn’t like to attend an outdoor wine festival on a beautiful autumn day enjoying some great music for a good cause?

This fun event started with a fun grape stomping competition by teams that each dressed in costumes.  My personal favorite was the grape stomping team of “I Kissed A Grape And I Liked It” — featuring, you guessed it, almost Russell Brand with 4 almost Katy Perry’s! The grape stomping winning team was the “Zin-ful Pleasures” who are a group of Recovery Room nurses from Williamson Medical Center.

Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

2012 Boulevard Bolt Celebrates 19th Anniversary Helping Nashville’s Homeless

The 2012 Boulevard Bolt is celebrating its 19th anniversary of raising funds to benefit the homeless with a 5-mile run/walk on Thanksgiving Day, November 22, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. The course runs along Belle Meade Boulevard, with the start and finish taking place at St. George’s Episcopal Church (4715 Harding Rd., Nashville 37205).

In 2011, approximately 8,500 adults and children registered for the annual fundraiser and since the Boulevard Bolt began its charity event in 1994, more than $2 million has been distributed among dozens of local agencies that serve the homeless.

Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

The 6th Annual Dragon Boat Festival Rows Through Riverfront

Last Saturday, Nashville held its 6th annual Cumberland River Dragon Boat Festival at Riverfront Park. The event is to benefit the Cumberland River Compact, dedicated to keeping all 697 miles of the river clean and community friendly.

What does a dragon boat festival entail, you ask? A dragon boat race of course! This year there were 42 teams from all over the area participating in the day-long event. Businesses, schools, and organizations all formed teams vying for the coveted dragon boat trophy.

Dragon Boat Festival

Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }
Verified by MonsterInsights