Archive | Community RSS feed for this section

The Grape Stomp: Stompin’ It Out In Franklin

Grape stomping team “I Kissed A Grape And I Liked It”

The Grape Stomp has to be one of my favorite events to be part of this year.  Seriously, who doesn’t like to attend an outdoor wine festival on a beautiful autumn day enjoying some great music for a good cause?

This fun event started with a fun grape stomping competition by teams that each dressed in costumes.  My personal favorite was the grape stomping team of “I Kissed A Grape And I Liked It” — featuring, you guessed it, almost Russell Brand with 4 almost Katy Perry’s! The grape stomping winning team was the “Zin-ful Pleasures” who are a group of Recovery Room nurses from Williamson Medical Center.

Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

2012 Boulevard Bolt Celebrates 19th Anniversary Helping Nashville’s Homeless

The 2012 Boulevard Bolt is celebrating its 19th anniversary of raising funds to benefit the homeless with a 5-mile run/walk on Thanksgiving Day, November 22, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. The course runs along Belle Meade Boulevard, with the start and finish taking place at St. George’s Episcopal Church (4715 Harding Rd., Nashville 37205).

In 2011, approximately 8,500 adults and children registered for the annual fundraiser and since the Boulevard Bolt began its charity event in 1994, more than $2 million has been distributed among dozens of local agencies that serve the homeless.

Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

The 6th Annual Dragon Boat Festival Rows Through Riverfront

Last Saturday, Nashville held its 6th annual Cumberland River Dragon Boat Festival at Riverfront Park. The event is to benefit the Cumberland River Compact, dedicated to keeping all 697 miles of the river clean and community friendly.

What does a dragon boat festival entail, you ask? A dragon boat race of course! This year there were 42 teams from all over the area participating in the day-long event. Businesses, schools, and organizations all formed teams vying for the coveted dragon boat trophy.

Dragon Boat Festival

Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }