Summer means hot, sultry days, going to the beach, long car rides with the family for vacation, AND music festivals.
Oh, there’s LOTS of music festivals in summer, but the best of them for country music fans is right here in Nashville AKA Music City in June called CMA Music Festival!
Thousands upon thousands of country music fans flock to town each year to catch their favorite artist perform and hoping for a chance to meet them, too. It’s one of the highlights of the year. It may be hot and it may be wall to wall people, but that doesn’t stop anyone from enjoying this fun-filled 4 day event. Just slather on the sunscreen, drink lots of water, find a little shade throughout the day, and GO!
This is a can’t miss event for music lovers. A chance to see all their favorite country artists in one place with music going all day long and autograph signings throughout the daytime hours.
All artists graciously donate their time for their fans and money raised each year from ticket sales goes to music education in Nashville. It just gets bigger and bigger each year!
Here are our top 5 favorite moments from CMA Music Festival this year:
1) When Cole Swindell’s “You Should Be Here” prompted thousands of country music fans to light up Nissan Stadium with their cellphones. He would later remark that it was “the best of my life”. Swindle wrote this song after the unexpected passing of his father.
2) When Steven Tyler and Martina McBride performed together at Nissan Stadium during the nightly shows.
3) Chris Young and Cascade Pope singing their #1 hit duet together along with Young celebrating the “10th anniversary of his 21st birthday” in front of the crowd of 60,000.
4) Blake Shelton and the Oak Ridge Boys singing together at Nissan Stadium.
5) Interviewing the always humble and gracious Charlie Daniels.
Don’t forget to tune-in to ABC TONIGHT at 7pm/c when CMA Music Festival airs some of the biggest performances of the festival!